Monday 26 February 2018

News & views: Why I'm done with 'The Walking Dead'

I'm breaking up with The Walking Dead. And it's long overdue.

I'm not the first viewer to call it quits on AMC's long-running zombie drama, which returned for the second half of its eighth season Sunday. And I won't be the last. But I probably should have dropped off long ago, before watching started to feel like a chore.

I held on for years as the aging show spiraled downward in quality (and more recently, ratings, though it's still tops on cable) just because I once loved it so much. Dead is the kind of show that has peaks and valleys. Its best seasons and episodes could knock you off your feet with shock and awe. Its worst could have you shouting at the screen in frustration. But the fact that it had been so good kept me thinking that it could be good again. Eventually, I thought, the downswing would be over, and I'd remember why I liked the series in the first place.


Source : usatoday

No comments:

Post a Comment