Sunday 4 March 2018

A face gym is a fad I can get behind

OK, so I went to the gym. A face gym, as in a gym for your face. Please don’t judge me, hear me out. Yes FaceGym is a new thang, it’s all-a-buzz on some Instagrams, innit? There is a snowballing excitement for this new beauty fix and though I am sometimes a little punk and grouchy when it comes to fads, this time I’m hooked.

FaceGym is inspired by an ancient Chinese practice that consists of an amalgamation of massaging and sculpting the 40-plus muscles of our face in various ways, as well as rubbing a healing jade stone into its crevices in order to release tension. The concept is quite different to what’s associated with your usual ‘pampering facial’ – it’s bit more of a butt-kicking approach.

When my ‘trainer’ (yes, it is a gym after all) held a mirror up, after having one half of my face ‘worked out’, it was pretty fun to see that the eyebrow on the massaged side was higher than the other – something had clearly worked.


Source : theguardian

No comments:

Post a Comment