Sunday 4 March 2018

Addicted to selfies: I take 200 snaps a day

Junaid Ahmed has 50,000 followers on Instagram and admits he is addicted to selfies.

The 22-year-old takes around 200 snaps of himself a day.

He carefully times when he will post a photo on social media so it gets the most likes, and if it gets fewer than 600 he will delete it.

"When I post a picture, in the first minute or two I'll probably get 100 likes and I love it, my phone goes crazy, it's just amazing."

A recent study suggested an obsession with selfies is a genuine condition, called Selfitis.

An urge to take selfies and upload them on social media more than six times a day is chronic selfitis, according to researchers at the Nottingham Trent University and the Thiagarajar School of Management in India.

And Junaid admits his selfie urges can cause friction with loved ones.

"They're like 'can't you go to a meal and not take a picture?'

"And I'm like 'no, I didn't get ready for three hours for no reason'. Why would I not take a picture?"

 Source : bbc

No comments:

Post a Comment