Sunday 4 March 2018

Florida school shooting: One mother, two gun attacks

 It's a story that sounds impossible. Lightning never strikes twice, so they say. Except when it does."I want our story to remain shocking forever - but I'm worried that already we're not alone," Celia Randolph says.

On the surface they are a normal family - mum, dad, four kids. They've lived in small towns in America that seemed safe.

Celia's children speak carefully and precisely, like their mother. "I'm not an emotional person," Celia explains. "But I'm now very angry and I'm very sad. America has failed our kids. What happened to my daughter in 2006 shook me and my husband to the core."

Then on Valentine's Day this year she got a text. Celia saw the words: "You're not near Parkland are you? There's been a shooting."

"I kept saying to myself, 'Not again, not again'." Celia dropped everything: "When it happens, you run. You run." Her son Christian is a junior at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Parkland, Florida.


Source : bbc

No comments:

Post a Comment