Monday 12 March 2018

I'm taking my conservative cousin, age 93, to meet Trump – will you help?

My cousin Frances once said she’d “drive clear across the country to shake Donald Trump’s hand”, so I’ve offered to drive her myself.

She’s 93 and I’m 43, but we’re practically best friends. Frances and I are like a lot of families these days: her politics veer right, while I veer sensible (“Oh please!” she says). She thinks Trump is saving America, while I think he’s selling it to the highest bidder. After the 2016 election, I said some nasty things and we didn’t speak for weeks, something we both regretted.

We vowed never to let toxic politics divide us again. And now that it’s tearing apart families and neighbors across our country, it worries us both.

That’s why on 18 March, we’re renting a car and driving 1,700 miles from Big Spring, Texas (our hometown), to the White House to try and meet with President Trump.

We’re stopping at many places along the way, talking with a broad spectrum of people who make up this country. We’ll stop at truck stops, bars, and ice cream parlors. We’re set to talk to reporters, local activists, and clergy.

 Source : foxnews

No comments:

Post a Comment